The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) extended our contract to provide an educational experience to those in their 50s to increase their awareness of pension and retirement issues and to increase their financial awareness.
The initial two-year contract expired at the end of March 2008 but the DWP agreed to fund an additional 15 workshops to take place before March 2009.
This news meant that we could ensure that more people in their 50s would have the opportunity to:
- raise their awareness of the changing nature of retirement
- raise their awareness of the pensions issues
- provide them with financial education to improve their financial capability, and give them the ability to engage in financial planning within a life planning context
- identify gaps in their preparation for retirement and show ways to meet these needs
- get the motivation to take action to adopt realistic aspirations and achieve them.