Life Academy is hosting a Member's Day, taking place on Tuesday 20th February 2007 at the offices of Shoosmiths in Reading.
The day will review legal, financial and social changes and their implications for life and retirement planning. It will be relevant to all those involved in supporting and advising individuals as they progress through life.
Delegates will have a better understanding of the changing legislative framework and the changing aspirations and concerns of individuals.
The programme will be as follows:
10:15 Welcome and Introduction - Stuart Royston, Life Academy
10:30 Some legal insights and changes - Michael Alden, Shoosmiths
- Wills and Discretionary Will Trusts
- Forms of home ownership - Joint Tenancy and Tenants in Common
- Lasting Powers of Attorney
11:45 Aspects as see by an Independent Financial Adviser - David Edwards, Goss & Co (part of the Jelf Group plc)
- Post A-day reaction by individuals and their perceived needs
- Basics of taxation
- Inheritance Tax planning and mitigation of long term care costs
13:45 Taxation in the year of retirement - Paddy Millard, TaxHelp for Older People
- Insights from a charity that offers tax advice for older people
14:45 Implications of living abroad - Dr Mary Davies
- Purpose & goals, financial, relationships and health
15:30 Implications of the day for your professional work
If you would like to join us for the day (whether you are a member of Life Academy or not), please contact us either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us on 01483 301170.