LEARN ABOUT MONEY
Learn About Money addresses the need for better financial education amongst adults, providing a bridge between basic money handling skills and the information provided by financial products and advisors. It is independent of any commercial interest and promotes no financial product.
Perhaps now more than any time in the past there is significant public interest in matters relating to pension schemes and general financial issues surrounding retirement. At the same time the environment in which people have to manage their financial affairs has become more complex. Social changes are also requiring individuals to deal with a wider range of financial matters.
All these changes require individuals to assume responsibility for their own financial future. As a first step towards that, individuals need to understand the basic concepts of money matters. Research by Life Academy shows that there is a worrying lack of understanding of money matters.
As a result of the project, Life Academy is able to deliver tried and tested financial education materials in the following ways:
- Individual books for self study
- Employer-based workshops
- Inclusion on company Intranet sites
- Equip company trainers to deliver the material
Learn About Money delivers significant benefits to individuals and employers:
- Increased awareness of financial matters: this helps employees to understand and appreciate company benefits such as pension schemes. It also enables employees to be able to take decisions about pensions and long term savings in a rational environment.
- Research shows companies need to promote their pension and benefits schemes in a wider financial context and Learn About Money provides such a vehicle.
- Research also shows that ‘financially stressed’ employees are less satisfied, are more likely to be absent, spend more time sorting out their personal financial problems at work and have low engagement and low productivity.
Learn About Money aims to help people to understand their finances - to release them from financial paralysis. It is not advice - it is education.
To view Learn About Money visit: www.learnaboutmoney.org
Contact us to arrange a meeting to discuss the opportunities Learn About Money offers.
FOR PRICING AND HOW TO ORDER OUR LEARN ABOUT MONEY PUBLICATION CLICK HERE